Sunday, March 18, 2012

GeNeRaTiOn NeXt !



And I say Oh My Lord this is Generation Next! 


I remember it was a cold gloomy morning; I was sipping my coffee and flipping the pages of newspaper. Suddenly my cousin brother came running.  7 years old that little chap was asking me to help him open his facebook account. I was astonished at first and then I asked him the reason Why? Afterall that little kid doesn’t even know how to write about him in more than four sentences and he wants a facebook account ! OMG! 

He stared at me as if he is my senior and within a fraction of second I can see that unique smile of him. His cute dimples on both sides looked flawless.  I bet that innocent face can successfully manipulate any creature of this world.  He then replied: “Dijju everybody has it in my class and they want me to join in too. We can talk in facebook and can even put pictures of our school picnic”. Oh my God was the first thing I uttered. What do you expect me to answer him now? I was really surprised. I said Ok will do that in the afternoon. He nodded his head and grabbed my cell phone. He knows how to unlock it, go to application and find his best game to play.

And I say Oh My Lord this is Generation Next!

My 7 years old brother shared an incident last night. His classmate wrote a letter to a friend of him and she was detained. I had a rough idea in my mind already but was so anxious to know what was written there so hurriedly asked: “So What was written there in that letter hmm? ”  “I love you Dhruv”. “She had also brought some chocolates to give him“ He replied. Now, this gave me goose bumps . I couldn’t response for a second. “Do you know What love is babu?” was my question to him and don’t ask what he did? He was too shy to answer, so he ran away to get his glass of milk.

And I say Oh My Lord this is Generation Next!

Having said all, I  am scared, I am worried. Who to blame for these little minds? While parents strive to teach their children about independence, they should never cease to forget that the kids need to be under their benevolent watch at all times. Parents need to step up and take responsibility for their kids, afterall "AS YOU SOW SHALL YOU REAP" !






Keep living and loving!

adieu till my next post !! God Bless!


.

6 comments:

  1. “Do you know What love is babu?” was my question to him and don’t ask what he did? He was too shy to answer, so he ran away to get his glass of milk.

    this was funny dd... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. tehi ta herana aajkaal ko bachha haru... !

    ReplyDelete
  3. and we thought we were the gen next....:p

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's wot and look at these kids ! My My !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice one dee....loved it :D :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete