Friday, March 16, 2012

and my sister got married !


To the outside world, we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time. - Clara Ortega


Two and half years elder than me, I would describe her as a charismatic person. Extremely straight forward, zero diplomatic, reckless spender, a food lover and too kiddish at times describe my sister better. 


I grew up seeing her ambition for studying and working hard. I always remember, she writing a "R.J, Radio Jockey" as her ambition in everybody's slam book at school. She used to mimic like a RJ and used to ask us questions as if we are her listeners.  And today, she is one of the most popular RJ in town. Her passion for achieving her ambition has always taught me that through hard work anything is possible. The trick is not just to feel passionately about your job, but to act passionately too. If you act passionately, you won't sit passively is the "mantra" she always shared with me.

I admit I am blessed to have her in my life...

That curve in her lips never fades away and always inspires others to live life every single day. Though two years older than me, I still remember those school days when I used to comb her hair, iron her dress, polish her shoes and arrange her geometry box before going to school... and yes some of those habits of her did not change and till date she asks me once before she plans to get anything new that comes her way.....

Again, I admit I am blessed to have her in my life... 


The day when her wedding date was fixed, I felt something very strange. That feeling of separation couldn't let me sleep. I wondered if she could handle all those responsibilities with the same smile on her face? I wondered if she could adjust in the new environment with the same grace? I wondered if she could transform his house into a home with the same charm she puts on every single day? After all they taught us marriage in not just about marrying a guy, it's marrying his whole family. It's not just about making him happy, it's about how you please every single person over there. But, the fact that she is marrying the person she loved always brought my smile back. 


It was February 7th, the D'day! From taking her to the beauty parlor to the wedding procession, I was shivering and I was more nervous. I looked at my Dad's and Mom's sulky face, my brother's distressed pace and I looked at my sister's grace. Her grace and glowing face was undoubtedly the Best ! The whole wedding procession she lived with a big bright smile and now it was that unbearable time, the emotional time, the time to wave her hands to her birthplace, the time to bid adieu to her dad, mom, sister, brother and her adorable bruno. Tears rolled down and words struck. It was actually unbearable. It was actually intolerable........!!! 

Today it has almost been a month and a half  and we still are flipping those wedding albums, we still are shuffling the wedding video and still our eyes get wet looking at the ending part. However, what matters is her smile and "touch-wood" she is absolutely happy with her hubby dear in her new beginning and we are extremely glad looking at her smiling face.....!!! 

and yes I should repeat :  We are blessed to have her in our life... !!! 

























Keep living and loving !
adieu till my next post !! God Bless ! 























6 comments:

  1. loved it sis... dd baini ko maya :')
    and yes, sabeena dd is sabeena dd.. i too wish her a happy married life... a person with such a heart, such a smile will remain bright wherever she goes.... and i too feel blessed to have known her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice piece...!!! rupesh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful!!! Happy married life to Sabeena didi!!!

    ReplyDelete